At Rosa Street Primary School, we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
Rosa Street Primary school believes that all pupils should be respected and valued.We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what his/her background or personal circumstances.
- Strive hard to ensure that all pupils:
- Have a wide and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs
- Can learn and make progress according to their individual needs
- Are assessed using appropriate assessment tools and guidelines
- Have equal access to resources, provision and interventions as needed
- Special educational provision is educational or training provision that is additional to or different from that made generally for others of the same age. This means provision that goes beyond the differentiated approaches and learning arrangements normally provided as part of high quality, personalised teaching. It may take the form of additional support from within a setting or require involvement of specialist staff or support services.
- Our School has a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCO), Mrs Harrison, who is responsible for the management of provision and/or support for identified pupils with SEND. She supports teachers and other staff to enable them to provide appropriate assessment and focussed provision for children in their class with SEND.